Subungal exotosis is a bony projection, or bone spur, that forms underneath the big toenail. It usually occurs on the big toe as a result of injury or trauma such as crushing the toe. Subungal extoses are painful because the affected area on the outside of the big toe is subjected to pressure from walking and footwear. Surgical removal of the projection is usually recommended and necessary. Enchondromas also develop in the bone underneath the toenail; these are small, benign growths composed of cartilage.
You can’t improve on perfection.
I went to Dr. Green with a pain in my toe. He examined me, took x-rays and diagnosed my problem. He recommended orthotics. They were custom made and fitted by the doctor and his staff. My pain is now gone!
- K.C. Foot & Ankle Patient
I am extremely pleased with every experience I have ever had at this office. And I tell everyone I know that I have the best “foot doctor” in Kansas City. Last week, I was concerned about some bruising on my foot from an injury and I was due to run a half marathon at the end of […]
Dr. Miller, I truly appreciate all you have done for me and my feet. You and your staff are the best ever! Jim
My doctor (Dr. Arthur Wientzen) referred me to Dr. Mark Green. I was very pleased with my visit, and was treated successfully. If I have any other related problems in the future, I will come back to Dr. Green.
I expected an amazing experience, and we got it. Dr. Christensen was perfect in every way, as was the rest of the staff at KCF&A – LK
Latest Blog Posts
- Greg Olsen fractures metatarsal bone in first game of NFL season September 13, 2018
- Achilles tendon and heel pain in kids and adults September 7, 2018
- Cowboy boots and foot health September 5, 2018
- Cold feet? It could be a sign of Peripheral Artery Disease August 22, 2018
- Dr. Stephanie Jameson Giving Back August 1, 2018
- From Thinking Bigger Business Magazine, BIG Influence: Kansas City Foot & Ankle Goes Above and Beyond for Community, Employees July 20, 2018