Kansas City Foot and Ankle, a leader in advanced foot and ankle treatment technology, offers the latest non-surgical treatment for heel pain due to soft tissue damage such as plantar fasciitis and achilles tendinitis.
An innovative and natural medical technology; Amniofix® Sports Med. delivers stem cells via an injection to the damaged soft tissue site. Your body’s own natural healing power works with the stem cells to repair soft tissue injuries of the foot and ankle.
Amniofix® Sports Med. contains naturally occurring agents that reduce inflammation, scar tissue formation and enhance soft tissue healing making it a highly utilized therapy in many different fields of medicine. This same stem cell technology has been utilized in eye surgery, wound care, orthopedic and dental surgeries. We are excited to introduce this proven technology to our foot and ankle patients!
At Kansas City Foot and Ankle, our physicians recognize when advanced therapies and technologies are appropriate and when they would likely be unsuccessful and an inefficient use of your health care dollars.
Our doctors will diagnose and determine the best course of treatment for your heel pain. Many patients respond very well to conservative treatments, however if a patient’s foot or ankle condition is not resolved with conservative methods, we offer many advanced non-surgical treatments. It is only after conservative and non-surgical treatments have been exhausted that a surgical procedure would be recommended.
Conservative Methods to reduce Heel Pain:
- Custom orthotic shoe inserts that eliminate instability and provide appropriate arch support.
- Stretching exercises that stretch the plantar fascia first thing in the morning and throughout the day.
- Limiting and/or avoiding activities that make your heel hurt.
- Icing the plantar fascia daily can reduce pain and swelling.
- Wear shoes that provide good arch support and a cushioned heel.
When conservative treatment methods aren’t effective, your physician can recommend an appropriate treatment plan for your individual needs. This may include advanced non-surgical technologies such as Amniofix, Cryoanalgesia and Musculoskeletal cold laser treatments.
Advanced Non-Surgical Treatments for Heel Pain:
- amniotic stem cell injection for plantar fasciitis and achilles tendinitis to speed healing and recovery of damaged soft tissue.
- Offers patients proven long term pain relief via application of low temperatures to the painful area numbing the nerve that sends pain signals to the brain.
- The Multi Radiance 4 super pulsed musculoskeletal laser is a state of the art FDA approved non-surgical treatment for foot and ankle pain. The MR4 laser uses non-invasive cold laser therapy proven to reduce pain and inflammation associated with plantar fasciitis and achilles tendinitis.
If you suffer from heel pain, let the experts at Kansas City Foot and Ankle assist you in getting back on your feet and comfortable ASAP! Call to schedule an exam at (816) 943-1111.