The Patient Scheduling Specialist is responsible for the telephone calls to the practice, referrals and website requests for appointments. The phones are the lifeblood of our business and the first real touch-point a potential patient has with our practice. It is imperative that each call creates a unique and positive experience for the caller. The Patient Scheduling Coordinator has additional responsibilities that support the front and back desk operations. These additional responsibilities are found below.
· Answer incoming phone calls
o Create a unique and positive experience for each caller
o Direct callers to correct destination if not scheduling an appointment
· Make out bound phone calls
o To follow up, schedule or reschedule
· Answer web-lead appointment requests via phone daily prior to 10am. Follow up on web lead appointments.
· Review online portal daily for appointment requests, appointment confirmations, cancellations and rescheduling needs, contacting patients accordingly
· Contact and schedule patients from incoming doctor referrals, completed daily
· Accurately complete new patient forms and insurance verification forms
· Emails out new patient welcome email with new patient online forms link and reminder emails
· Contact patients that have missed their appointment to reschedule them
· Turn in insurance verification data sheet to Insurance Verification Specialist in a timely manner
· Work directly with Administrator/Office Coordinator to ensure a world class patient experience and to identify and implement process improvements
· Work directly with front desk staff to ensure open channels of communication regarding the schedule and patient experience. Assist front desk staff with scanning documents daily.
· Work within patient engagement software, EMR, Outlook and other programs daily
· Communication with referring physician offices
· Scan various documents to assist in staying caught up with scanning log
· Send email reminders to patients that have not completed online new patient form for next day
Looking for part-time or full-time candidates. Flexible office locations in South Kansas City, North Kansas City or Lee’s Summit.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time